Friday, May 13, 2005

Preciousssss

As mentioned earlier, most of my stuff is precious to me. But yesterday I experienced one of the worst I've-lost-it-and-the-world-is-going-to-end hours. I lost my Recipe book.

A Recipe book is a handwritten list of recipes accummulated over a period of one's lifetime. Although mine is only a couple of years old and relatively few recipes compared to my mum's Recipe book, it was heart wrenching when I couldn't find it ANYWHERE! I enlisted the help of my sister Jan to look for it in PJ, I even asked my mum if she took it back to Alor Star by accident and asked her to look for it there too.

Rushing home, I frantically turned the kitchen upside down and the pile of boxes and bags I just brought back from being kicked out of the PJ house and waited anxiously for KS to come back so that I could ransack his car too. When his car proved to be clean and empty, I nearly burst into tears in desperation.

KS slowly searched the house for me while I fluttered from one end to the other and he finally found it. What joy! The relief was immense and I vow to reward him with a nice slice of layer cake this weekend.

No comments: