Sunday, August 28, 2005

50th Anniversary


Last night I attended a relative's 50th Wedding Anniversary. Usually, I would only see these relatives once a year, during Chinese New Year when we would just greet them with a "Hello! Gong Xi Fa Chai Uncle So-and-So" then we would quietly blend into the chairs/wall/background and make an occasional dash to the food laden table to grab a bite.

Unfortunately, because we aren't able to communicate (in my own mother tongue!), we never really got to know our relatives very well. However, last night was sort of an eye-opener as this lovely couple shared how they met each other 55 years ago, as they reminisce their first date, what they thought of each other etc. It was very heart warming and although I didn't understand what they were saying, KS kept up a good commentary of what they were saying.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and just felt closer to them somehow. Will put up the photos of them later. They also had this huge cake, weighing 12 kgs made out of layers of sponge cake with slices of mangoes covering the 3 tiers. It cost RM700! Phew! Of course I took a photo of it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Oh, of course there was the usual singing, they were made to sing and they sportingly did so. KS was mentioning that when we celebrate OUR 50th wedding anniversary, we'd be singing "Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'" or "Crawling in my skin". Well, as long as it's not "Bohemian Rhapsody" or the "Bicycle" song...

No comments: