Friday, August 26, 2005

Strange Beliefs

Sometimes the things people believe in are incredulous. My mum used to scold me for walking over books for I would turn stupid, KS grew up thinking that if you point your finger at a full moon, your nose/ear will fall off. His dad of course disproved that gleefully to both KS and his sis (this episode ended with wails and howls of fear from the two kids running to the mum). The list goes on.

I remembered this response in the newspaper for someone who wanted to get rid of their body odour. This reader told BO boy to put a freshly steamed plain pow (yeah, the type used for char siew pow) clasped under their armpits and to walk in the easterly direction for 12 minutes! I can so imagine the neighbours waking up to such a sight! 12 minutes is a pretty far distance unless you shuffle but that would only make you more obvious with 2 steaming white pows sticking out from under your armpits! Oh, and one is supposed to do this like for 12 days or 14 days. I'll tell you what you'll get rid off - your neighbours!

No comments: