Thursday, August 25, 2005

Bengkak

So I walk into the office this morning, after napping in the car since we were stuck in a jam for over half hour. A factory staff whom I know stopped and looked at me strangely. I immediately clutched my hair and thought it must have been tousled so badly in the car that it looks like it just came out of dryer. Hurriedly running my fingers through my disobedient strands, I greeted a few more colleagues who also looked half a second longer than it usually takes for someone to say hi.

Then I bumped into my friend who immediately reared in shock - he's not one to mince words (or what we call her as laser mouth) - "EEEEeeee! Your eyeshadow so doesn't suit you! Your eyes look bengkak (swollen)." He's one of those guys who belong to my "Queer Eye for the Straight Gal" - well, actually, he's the ONLY one in that list - so I immediately wiped off my eyeshadow.

I don't suppose the bengkak look will ever be in fashion so I promise never to wear make up in the dark again. And to also not sleep on the way to work (coz now I just feel like sleeping) as it must have contributed to the look.

No comments: