Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Fog

The one thing I really miss of Hamilton, NZ is the fog. Whenever we'd travel back from Auckland at night in Autumn, we'd be enveloped in thick fogs which will force us to slow down on the roads.

In the cottages, we'd quietly watch the mist stream past from behind a window, warmly wrapped in thick duvets, drawing in deep breaths of the crisp air. Ah, the bliss.

Now, as I sit here and watch the thick "fog" outside, I certainly don't want to take large breaths at all. I can hardly see beyond 1 km from the window and my throat is starting to get constricted. The haze seems to be at it's worst today. And no, this is NOTHING like being in NZ (or Gentings, as my colleague says). I wonder how it must be for people working out at construction sites or even down at the factory floor where the air is not filtered like us here in the air-cond.

And then there are jokers out there who still step out to take a puff. Hey! Don't need to waste your money lah, just take a deep breath and you'll have enough smoke in your lungs for the day.

No comments: