Wednesday, November 23, 2005

2 Books

I finally got my hands on the book, The Curious Incident of a Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. Grace gave it to me for my birthday (thanks Grace! I'd freak out if it were another knife).

My review of it? Well, it's different. I'm not sure if I like alternate chapters discussing topics out of the main story as it jarred the story quite a bit. I struggled a bit with reading it and the alternate "irrelevant" chapters made it easier for me to put it down. Took me about 3 days to finish it. Also, I had strange expectations that it was a funny book but it wasn't.
I also felt like I was going crazy when he was talking about the math solutions. It's poignant ending is a far cry from all the feel good endings books I've been reading lately.

Speaking of other books, I've also just finished my David Sedaris. This is a great book, full of laugh-out-loud kinda humour. Was introduced to him by Monster who lent me Me Talk Pretty One Day and I was hooked. My next target is Naked.

Now I 've got my new Mary Higgins Clark to read but I'm afraid of being spooked. Well, there's always Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter to reread!

1 comment:

Grace said...

I loved the book because it gives me a little insight into autism, it's so logical yet not. I understood what he was going through because of James. There are somethings I see in the main character that I see in James.