Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thrown Together

It's funny to see how my parents and in-laws are thrown together. They'd be staying there for two nights. This is only the 5th time they're meeting (including the 2 weddings!) but I guess it could be worse considering they're staying miles apart.

It took them 7 years of our courting before they met each other because my parents were shy. They nearly met when my parents dropped me off at his place and rushed off before KS parents managed to come out of the house to meet them. When they finally met up, it was so strange to see them together. At that time, KS's uncle from Sydney was with us and he joined in as well which made it uneven (his side came with more people than ours) but it was so funny to see particularly my Mum trying to be extra sociable. Mum's not very comfortable with strangers, especially adults, let alone future in-laws!

I have full confidence that my parents are being well taken care of despite my in-laws having two other guests at the moment (KS grandma and auntie are also there from Ipoh). We're getting reports from both ends to assure us everything is ok, which makes the situation even funnier.

No comments: