Wednesday, November 30, 2005

No Break

People ask me why am I starting work the very next day after I quit. Firstly, no planning lah! Plain and simple. If I had planned earlier, I would have been able to sneak in a couple of weeks break.

Secondly, no one wants to wait for me to give my 3 months notice. I'm glad my new place will only need 1 month's notice.

Thirdly, I'd be eating grass if I took too long a break as I run on a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle.

Fourthly, it's because I've never resigned before so I didn't know I could do such things.

Ok, in truth, I was lu-lu enough not to know there's such an option as letting myself have a break in between jobs. I promise to think about that for my next change of jobs ok?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I was in the exact place you were with this when I switched jobs... that's what happens to loyal workers...

coffee81 said...

You are not alone...