Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Tired But Happy

As I mentioned earlier, I had a party of sorts yesterday and hosted over 15 relatives consisting of 3 generations for lunch and then for tea. Oh and two cousins brought their partners along so I got to meet them and get to know them a bit better.

The day started pretty late but we cooked and baked and cleaned and scrubbed non-stop until the last remnants of relatives had finally streamed out. I must really commend KS for doing ALL the cleaning up though.

Although it was stressful trying to whip up so much food, we really had fun catching up with everybody. Well, almost everybody anyway. Those few elusive cousins remained elusive to personal conversations but overall, we managed to catch up with majority of them. I must admit it was difficult to converse with them as my Cantonese tongue refused to speak Cantonese (well, maybe because my brain has absolutely NO idea how to speak the language).

At the end of the day, KS and I grinned at each other and gave each other a thump on the back for a job well done in entertaining such a huge group. And we swear we won't repeat this performance again.

No comments: