Monday, November 21, 2005

Parents' Black Day

My parents went down to Melaka this morning to help my uncle get his new identity card. I was told by a friend when I got in the office that there is a nationwide breakdown of the IC department so their trip would have been fruitless.

However, upon reaching, Dad failed to check for oncoming cars and opened his door. A car smashed into it but thank God he wasn't hurt.

The car door can't be closed and it's about to rain. And Dad had to go with the other driver (whose car is less than a month old) to her mechanic to have it fixed while Mum was left behind to figure out how to seal the door from the rain. Along the way, the smashed bumper lopsided and they were stranded somewere else for a bit. When they finally arrived, the mechanic said that the car was too new that they didn't have any spare parts. So they finally had to drive to the manufacturer's outlet. This is gonna cost him a grand for the other car.

The only friends they know in Melaka are overseas at the moment so I contacted my in-laws who are on their way back from Ipoh today and they've been absolutely fantastic. They've arranged for someone to fix Dad's car and also offered them to stay over since it would take 2 days for the repair.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Yes, I am very grateful to Kau Sern's parents for looking after them after this ordeal. Please convey my thanks to them. I am very thankful to the Lord that he kept Dad safe. Imagine if he had stepped out, he could have been seriously hurt.