Friday, November 18, 2005

A Second on the Lips, Forever on the Hips

Last night my dinner date stood me up. Not that I can blame her since she's in the media line and her boss needed a report by 9pm. Man...

Anyways, I ended up going to do a spot of shopping to quench the shopping urge I've had in me since two weeks ago. No, that 5 hours at 1 Utama didn't quench it because I didn't buy anything. So last night I hopped to Metrojaya in Section 14 and it was completely empty! I love having not to wait in line for the fitting room so I tried everything that caught my fancy. Plus the fact that I had ALL night to shop.

There was this office dress that caught my fancy and it was on sale. Of course, after all that binging of pasta and fast food over the last couple of days (no, make that months), the result is a bottom heavy figure and thus the dress fitted me perfectly from the waist up. I tried the dress twice, much to the surprise of the salesgirl, vehemently in denial that I'm just a tad bigger because I'm ovulating. After 10 minutes, the fact bulged loud and clear and I had to mournfully hang the dress back on it's rack.

Feeling fat and guilty, I decided to skip dinner or have something really light like a bun. Gone are the days when I was wrought with food poisoning and when I could brisk walk for 20 to 30 minutes and lose a dress size. Those were the days... The thought lasted exactly half and hour and thereafter I was happily gorging down a cheese naan.

No comments: